[TYPO3] Problems with translation of months/days i tt_news (locale_all/setlocale)

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue May 30 13:28:38 CEST 2006

Hello Erik,

A short update of information.

> Hi list!
>
> Hope someone can give me some advice on this problem.
>
> I have a problem on my new production server where tt_news sometimes
> shows the month and days name in English, and sometimes in Norwegian.
> Norwegian should be used every time. And there is no logic in when the
> different language is used.
>
> My language configuration is (root template -TS setup):
>
> # defining the default language - to norwegian
> config.locale_all = no_NO
> config.language = no
> I have tried with changing the locale_all to nb_NO, norwegian, and
> also tried with other languages with exactly the same results. But
> locale_all no_NO seems to be the choice who most times gives Norwegian
> months.

It depends on whick month in the newsarchive (AMENU) i click on. If i open
the page it looks like this.
    2006
    * March 2006: 1 saker  #click on this - months given Norwegian names
    * February 2006: 1 saker
    2005
    * October 2005: 1 saker
    * September 2005: 1 saker
    * August 2005: 3 saker  #click on this - months given Norwegian names
    * June 2005: 1 saker
    * May 2005: 2 saker
    * February 2005: 4 saker
    2004
    * December 2004: 2 saker
    * September 2004: 4 saker
    * August 2004: 7 saker
    * July 2004: 10 saker
    * April 2004: 7 saker
    * March 2004: 2 saker
    * February 2004: 1 saker  #click on this - months given Norwegian names
    * January 2004: 1 saker
    2003
    * December 2003: 2 saker  #click on this - months given Norwegian names

The rest gives english names on months.

> My production server is running Debian 3.1, PHP 5.1.2-1, Apache
> 2.0.55, MySQL 5.0.20. TYPO3 4.0, tt_news 2.3.6

Rest of information in first post.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no