[TYPO3] Inporting Large Documents into Typo3

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 30 11:16:42 CEST 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006 08:37:47 +0100, Sandy Matheson wrote
with subject "[TYPO3] Inporting Large Documents into Typo3":

> We have a need to work with several large documents that we want to
> display in Typo3. Our Anglican Diocese has a number of important
> handbooks and procedures that we want to include within the website.
> At present these are Microsoft Word Documents and some can be 100-200
> pages long.
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows of a way these could be automatically
> imported into Typo3 with the automatic generation of a page structure
> divided into sections by the layout of the document itself.
>
> If it is necessary to alter the way we produce the document that would
> be fine. Also if something like Open Office would be a better source
> docuent that would be fine.
>
> I have looked at the Typo3 Extensions and can only find the
> rlmp_officedocuments, but the documentation is very incomplete - might
> this do what we need? There is also rlmp_officeimport which will
> import a document, but from the documentation I do not think it will
> work with the size or complexity of a document that is 100-200 pages
> long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have no experience with this kind of work or this extension.
My idea to realize this job:
export the word-data in a structured way (maybe XML)
then use a script to split this document and produce SQL-records for your
TYPO3-site (pages, tt_content)

As far as I understand the extension rlmp_officeimport (a quick look into
documentation) it imports every document as a single content-element.
under ToDo you can read:
| Browse function (show content on different pages instead of one)
which is your intend.

Maybe you sponsor this ToDo. The costs may be less than doing the script
from scratch. Ask the developer (Robert Lemke)

Bernd