[TYPO3] Best practice for popup pages?

Chris Ferebee cf at ferebee.net
Mon May 29 03:13:58 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm working on a website that is going to use a lot of popup pages.

(It's my first project with TYPO3 4.0 and TemplaVoilà. TV has been a
wonderful help so far...)

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much documentation relating
to popup pages - I guess they're not very popular. I'd prefer to
avoid them myself, but I have no control over the design of the site.
Bernhard Kraft's patch mentioned at <http://lists.netfielders.de/
pipermail/typo3-dev/2006-January/014643.html> sounds good, but I'd
like to use a supported method if possible.

Ideally, I could mark certain pages in the page tree as "popups".
They would be listed in menus as usual, but linked in such a way that
they appear in popup windows.

Thanks for any hints!

(Bernhard: would you like to send me your patch, or do you have
another suggestion?)

Sincerely,
Chris Ferebee