[TYPO3] IE update: users need to activate ActiveX and flash elements (with rlmp_flashdetection)

Jacco Lammers jlammers at sundayafternoon.nl
Sat May 27 17:47:00 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I'm using rlmp_flashdetection for detecting flash and creating dynamic
flash menus with XML. All worked fine until Microsoft has had its IE
updated so now users will first have to 'activate' flash (and ActiveX)
content. I can imagine this can become extremely annoying for users if
there is a flash menu involved and pages reload. Is there already a fix
out there that keeps the great functionalities of rlmp_flashdetection
and fixes the IE 'problem'?

Adobe suggests this fix:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/activecontent/articles/devletter.html

Microsoft:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/activating_activex.asp

Both fixes involve embedding your <object> or <embed> code in a
javascript document.write command as far as I can see. I'm no hero with
javascript though, so I'm hoping someone can help me out...

Best regards,

Jacco