[TYPO3] How to import a site?

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Fri May 26 19:05:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm still struggling with switching to 4.0.

I have a clean installation and installed all needed extensions.
Than I made an export on my old site and tried to import it in the
new.

The import-preview lists me all pages and also all content of the
exported site.  However, after the import, only the page tree can
by found.  The actual content is lost. (tt_content is completely
empty).  In addition, an error occurs:

"The page is not configured! [type= 0][]"

Please, is there any way to transfer the content from one site to an
other?  Or do I have to manually copy all content?

Where can I see what went wrong with the import?

Would it be an option to make a database dump for certain tables?
And which tables are needed?

Thanks,

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373