[TYPO3] Current versions of extensions not included in distro?

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Fri May 26 17:00:07 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I just made a vanilla 4.0 installation.  After that I noticed, that
some extensions are already available in a newer version than
included in the tarball.

That leads me to two question:

* Isn't it possible to automatically create the tarball using the
  latest (stable) version of the extensions included?

* Is there a possibility from within the BE to simply update an
  installed extension?

Cheers,

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373