[TYPO3] ISP with no support for Image Magick, GD instead?

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 26 15:56:49 CEST 2006

On Fri, 26 May 2006 19:26:44 +0800, Gideon So wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3] ISP with no support for Image Magick, GD
instead?":

> Hi Rune,
>
> 	You can use GraphicMagick instead. Download here:
> http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/linux/. Then Read this:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/GraphicsMagick
>
> Gideon

I dont't think that Rune will be successfull with GM if he isn't allowed to
use IM.
As far as I understand (and know) is the problem a missing possibility to
call a shell or other programs.

@Rune:
Maybe your ISP allows a safe_mode_exec_dir if you have a directory not
accessible from the web.
Or he realizes a directory for you with IM or GM under his control.
I think if you can't realize a safe_mode_exec_dir you are busted.
I don't know a pure GD realization of the image-manipulation in TYPO3 yet.
(maybe because of timelimits?)

Bernd