[TYPO3] gmenu, splitchar, xy-offset

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri May 26 15:00:00 CEST 2006

> once again typo makes me feel like a complete idiot, because i couldnt
> make this typoscript if-statment work.
> probably some TS guru can help?? :)
>
> I have a nice graphical menu (GMENU) generated from the page title.
> Now when the page titles become too long I want to split the menu
> entries into two rows. using splitChar and the | as splitting
> character, which works fine. please, see the ts code below....
> Now my problem is the height of the generated grafics.
> what i would like to have is:
>
> if there is a splitChar in the string set the XY - offset to double as
> if there were no splitChar.

Simply forget about that splitChar solution and try a completely different
approach
 - again taken from the TYPO3 cookbook ;-)

GIFBUILDER can render multiple line content by default.
So the only thing you have to do is to use a multiple line field for the
title _or_ make the title field a multiple line field.
(You could switch the page type to "advanced" and use the abstract field, or
you could change the TCA for the title field to render BE form entries as
textarea)
Then you can use ENTER instead of a splitChar and this will be recognized by
the GIFBUILDER.
This way you don't need any if-statement, since the whole text is rendered
in Part 10 of the GIFBUILDER.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de