[TYPO3] changing a template without re-mapping

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu May 25 10:55:37 CEST 2006

Hi!

Gideon So wrote:
>     Save the TO/DS again and then clear all FE cache. That should be it.

A bit better way is not to save DS/TO but clicking "Update mapping" and
then clicking "Save" there.

Background information
TV does not parse/use template file at all after it has been used for
DS/TO creation. File is parsed, broken into parts and stored inside TV
tables. Content is generated from these parts. If you update template
file (non-mapped parts), you need not to modify DS/TO but only
regenerate mapping. This is done by pressing "Save" in "Update mapping"
view. If you save DS/TO instead, you will loose any custom settings in
DS. Generally saving DS/TO is not recommended unless you changed DS
structure.

Dmitry.