[TYPO3] tt_news Category Link

Bill Alexy bill at psiberware.com
Wed May 24 23:56:59 CEST 2006

Bill Alexy wrote:
> Is there any idea on how one could have a link similar to LINK_ITEM for
> category links. My client doesn't like the fact that Cat: is a different
> color than the category name and link. It would make a poor UI that
> would match the color but not the function.
>
> So the best option is to have the entire Cat: Publisher’s Desk be a
> hyper link.
>
> Right now my articles are formatted thus:
>
> Title
>
> article summary stuff article summary stuff... more >>
>
> Cat: Category name

Finally found an answer. Here it is in case anyone is interested:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2005-November/014474.html

plugin.tt_news.general_stdWrap.parseFunc >
plugin.tt_news.general_stdWrap.parseFunc < lib.parseFunc_RTE
plugin.tt_news.general_stdWrap.parseFunc.nonTypoTagStdWrap >
tt_news.HTMLparser = 1
tt_news.HTMLparser.removeTags = font
tt_news.HTMLparser.allowTags = p,a,h1,h2,h3,h4,strong,b,i,br,span
tt_news.HTMLparser.noAttrib = p
tt_news.parseFunc.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines {
       encapsTagList = div, p
        innerStdWrap_all = P
       nonWrappedTag = P
        defaultAlign = left
         addAttributes.P.align = left
}

plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.content_stdWrap.HTMLparser < tt_news.HTMLparser
plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.content_stdWrap.parseFunc < tt_news.parseFunc

Regards,
Bill