[TYPO3] Istall Tool error

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed May 24 15:50:38 CEST 2006

Frederik Mortensen wrote:
> Im trying to upgrade from typo 3.7 to 3.8.1 (on my way to 4.0)
>
> and cant get into the Install Tool because of this error;
>
> TYPO3 Fatal Error: Extension key "sv" was NOT loaded!
> (t3lib_extMgm::extPath)
>

> Does it make sence, PLEASE help me if you know anything about this!!
>

> Frederik

Fredrik, if you didn't find solution yet, as Dmitry pointed, there has
been threads about this (remember this is an "old" issue). Here's one
quotation:

All,
not sure where the best place would be to share experience/issues during
install, so I thought I post it here. Surely no probs for the
experienced users amongst you, but maybe something for the newbies (like
me).

Scenario:
Environment:
Clean (no upgrade) install of typo 3.8.0 & Testsite 3.8.0
Linux

Problem:
After install, trying to launch FE or call install tool, or BE error
message "TYPO3 Fatal Error: Extension key "sv" was NOT loaded!
(t3lib_extMgm::extPath)" shows.

Solution:
Edit your <site>/type3conf/localconf.php.
Find the line which defines the extensions to be loaded (Hint: Line
starts with $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList'])
You will see a coma seperated list of extensions and you will find that
the sv extension is not in the list. Add to the end (still in ' quotes)
the sv extension, seperated with a coma from the last existing extension
in the list.

Corrections welcome

Hope this helps
Regards, Dante