[TYPO3] How do I log downloads of .pdf, .doc, etc. to the system-log?

Erich Schreiber nospam at to.me
Wed May 24 14:05:10 CEST 2006

Hello,

How to I get Typo3 4.0 to log downloads of .pdf and .doc documents
into the system-log?

I run a site with lots of those documents and have installed the
cc_awstats extension recently which works nicely. Now I had to learn
that only access to HTML pages is logged. While AWStats can handle all
sorts of documents, Typo3 does not log the access to them.

I looked into class.tslib_fe.php where the logging takes place but I
think the corresponding code $logline = ... (about line 3042) is not
executed on simple downloads.

Any ideas?

Erich