[TYPO3] Disabling Dublic Core Metatags

A M Sharma amsharma at abhikalak.com
Wed May 24 13:07:47 CEST 2006

Hello,

My client checked the site we have created for them (using Typo3) using
Internet Business Promoter (IBP). IBP is a search engine simulation tool.
It gives a warning:

"Your web page uses any of the four Dublin Core meta tags DC.DESCRIPTION,
DC.KEYWORDS, DC.SUBJECT and
DC.TITLE. No major search engine recognizes these tags so consider removing
them. Some search engines could
also think that you try to stuff keywords on your web page. They might
decide not to index your web page."

I checked on the web, there was a suggestion in the forum to disable Dublin
Core tags use the following in Typoscript in the template.

plugin.meta.flags.DC = 0

I set it in Constants and in the template also but it has not made any
difference. The tags still show up in the source of each web page and IBP
still gives the same warning. Any ideas on how to get rid of them.

Thanks
Amal