[TYPO3] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /cms/typo3/alt_main.p

Michael Aroustian maroustian at theshop.com
Wed May 24 07:33:42 CEST 2006

ahhh yes...
im using osx which used to have separate folders for typo3source
[typo3_src-4.0] which contained the typo3, t3lib, misc etc folders and the
site folder [in my case /cms] which contained the fileadmin, typo3temp,
typo3conf etc folders...
i did an osx g5 firmware update the night before it went wrong...
looking at the typo3 install [quickstart] which is working i noticed that
the whole system was in one folder, as in a windows install... so i placed
the files in one folder replacing the alias's for the typo3_src-4.0
folder... and lo and behold,,, it worked...
so it seems that you have to have one typo3 directory...
im so relieved...
thanks...
michael