[TYPO3] Parsing CSS files - is it possible?

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Wed May 24 03:21:01 CEST 2006

Hi Joey,
> Sorry? - What is so complex about 15 lines of TypoScript?
> IMHO it's absolutely easy to understand and to implement this snippet, since
> it works _exactly_ like the rest of the templating stuff.

yeah - but only *after* i read it. i prefer php for dynamic things ;)
> If this is what _prevents_ people from using TYPO3, I wonder what we should
> do to get them back.

do not use typoscript for programming ;)
> What would be their way of solving problems like this one?
>
> BTW: Do you know a better solution, that is as easy to code and implement?

the actual scenario is not so clear to me but to my understanding that
could do it:

$GLOBALS['TSFE']->additionalHeaderData[$this -> prefixId]  =
'<style>#bla.background { background: url('.getBGImage($path).'; }</style>';
getBGImage($path) {
    simple switch looking for the path and returning image name here...
}

that way you have only one stylesheet and simply override the style
declaration that is necessary.

if thats silly please forgive me - its very late an i just fiddled
without many success on htmlarea configurations for the last few hours ;)

- Johannes