[TYPO3] Separate template for the root page

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue May 23 21:44:40 CEST 2006

Hi again,

On 5/23/06, Cyprian Kowalczyk <cyprian at pi2.pl> wrote:
> hello again,
>
> I'm confused a little bit - could anyone please tell me the way to set a
> separate template for the (and only for the) root page?
> I mean, I'd like to have a main template for the whole site and a separate
> templates for some subpages but without inheritance down the tree.
> I include the additional template in 'Include basis template:', but then
> it's inheritated down the tree...

Look for the "Template on next level" field in the main TS template:

"Defines a template record to make active one level out in the page
tree of this branch. This can be used to define another template
record for the general website while having a special template for the
frontpage."

Using TV or the template selector plugin, you also have the
opportunity to set the template for root and subpages separately.

-Christopher