[TYPO3] Parsing CSS files - is it possible?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue May 23 18:27:37 CEST 2006

> Is it possible to parse a CSS file and replace some parts of it like
> with a template file?
> I mean, I'm trying to attach a CSS file for an extension, but inside
> the file there is a background-image declaration and the image path
> should be changed depends on where the extension is installed
> (relatively to the site path).
> Is it possible?

As a preview of the upcoming TYPO3 cookbook you might want to try this ;-)

page.headerData.100 = COA
page.headerData.100 {
    wrap = <style>|</style>
    10 = TEMPLATE
    10 {
        template = FILE
        template.file = /path/to/your/cssfile.css
        marks {
            BACKGROUNDIMAGE = IMG_RESROURCE
            BACKGROUNDIMAGE {
                # your image definition here
            }
        }
    }
}

You just have to insert the marker ###BACKGROUNDIMAGE### into your css file.

It is even possible to include the CSS file by using another typeNum for the
generation, but you should only use the dynamic parts in this one while
keeping the rest in a static file, since those dynamic sheets have to be
generated for each page separately.

page.headerData.100 = TEXT
page.headerData.100 {
      dataWrap = <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="index.php?id={TSFE:id}&amp;type=123" />
}

myDynamicCSS = PAGE
myDynamicCSS {
    typeNum = 123
    config {
        disableAllHeaderCode = 1
        additionalHeaders = Content-type: text/css
        admPanel = 0
    }
    #Your Stylesheet setup here
}