[TYPO3] horizontal menu

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue May 23 16:23:32 CEST 2006

Hello again,

On 5/23/06, dave ashton <dave at bassmedia.net> wrote:
> Have worked out how to place the horizontal menu, well sort of!
>  (think problem was putting the typoscript in the admin's setup field
> instead of directly into setup.txt)

No. This was the CORRECT way. If you edit setup.txt directly, your
changes will be overwritten if you ever upgrade the plugin.

> F.Y.I. - install typo, install CSS Styled Content, Template Auto-Parser,
> HTML/CSS Styling, import page tree from HTML/CSS Styling folder, then upload
> the html template and css to HTML/CSS Styling/template/main/.
> I put the below code into the setup.txt in the HTML/CSS Styling static
> folder.
>
> subparts.footmenu_1 = HMENU
> subparts.footmenu_1.1 = TMENU
> subparts.footmenu_1.1.wrap = |&#124;
> subparts.footmenu_1.1.NO {
>   linkWrap =&#124;&nbsp;|&nbsp;
> }
>
> subparts.footmenu_1 < subparts.footmenu_1
>
> Then put 'footmenu_1' div in html template and css.

Lots of information +  TS too--this is excellent.

> However, if i place the footmenu_1 div in the footer div (just using the
> supplied HTML/CSS Styling template) it does not show on the page, but is in
> the source code of the html template when viewed live!!??!!
>
> If i put the div at the start of the template div's, the menu shows up on
> the page!
> Test menu - http://studio-33.com/index.php?id=1

I can't quite understand this...

> I've left the menu div in the footer div, so you know what i mean.
> IF you look in the html source code, the menu code is there, just not
> showing on the page.

In the page above, the menu IS showing though--scroll waaaaay down to
see it. If this isn't what you mean, can you clarify a bit: how is
what happens different from what is supposed to happen?

-Christopher