[TYPO3] htmlarea not working anymore, missing 'edit in richtext..' button

Jacky bolikxx at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 15:51:30 CEST 2006

Hi all,

(on typo3 4.0)

I don't get it. I was making changes to my page tsconfig and to the .css
files, but suddenly my htmlarea stopped working. The button 'edit in rich
text editor' dissappeared and the htmlarea editor also. I copied back the
originial page tsconfig from a similar installation. Imported a backup of
the database. Un/Reinstalled htmlarea, no effect.

Tried installing the old RTE extension, but that returns :

"Error: The extension can only be installed in the path typo3/ext/
(lockType=G) "

Anyone with tips what I could try to get the editor back working?

tnx in advance
regards

Jacky