[TYPO3] Can not login into backend (after migration from Linux-->Windows)

Bert Hiddink hiddink at bendoo.com
Mon May 22 15:42:42 CEST 2006

Hello, Franz!

Thanks for your response!
Franz Holzinger wrote:
> Hello Bert,
>> I just migrated a T3-website from Linux (TYPO3 3.7.1.) to Windows
>> (PHP4.4, Apache2, MySQL 5). After some fiddling, I got the website
>> running correctly.
>>
>> However, strange enough, I can not login into the BE. Cookies are
>> enabled. I created a new BE-user from Install, could not login neither.
>>
>> I do not get any useful error-info, just that u/pw is incorrectly.
>>
> Why don't you upgrade to a higher version of TYPO3 ?

This site was set-up with this version and the client preferred to stick
to it.

>> Is there a WINDOWS-issue which I am overlooking???
>>
> There are some issues at http://bugs.typo3.org with not working login
> into the backend.
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2366
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2634

Thanks for this info. The strange thing is that the DB seems to be
"read-only", even for the user "root": from the INSTALL-tool when I try
to add an admin-user, this one is not added as I can see from the the
MySQL-administration tool. Could there be a file-permission-issue on the
DB created?

Any hints from someone?

Thanks in advance!

grt,