[TYPO3] Running Multiple Sites from one instance of Typo3

Luc Franken [TenToday] typo3 at tentoday.com
Mon May 22 14:09:13 CEST 2006

Very simple stated:

Needed: server with linux and some applications as stated in the
installation documentation. The Typo3 installation packages, in this
case the TAR packages, not the ZIP packages!

I would suggest an installation which is split up in 2 parts, the core
and for each site a folder.

1. untar the core package
2. untar for each site the dummy package
3. create an htaccess which sends all traffic from domain.com to
domain.com/yousite/

That's it. Now you have just one folder which is easy to upgrade but
still a seperate folder for every site. This is very nice because your
system will slow down enourmously if you have to clear all cache.

I used to have just one installation but that has too many drawbacks.
The installation as described above is just a better way.

Best regards,

Luc Franken