[TYPO3] memory_limit=8M

Karl Camenzuli k.camenzuli at media-consulta.com
Mon May 22 12:06:44 CEST 2006

Hi All

I have just installed Typo3v4 on a sever run by a good and reliable hosting
company, I contacted the support team about the message below and thy have
some concerns regarding increasing the limit to accommodate 25mb or over as
this will put a lot of stress on the server if each script decided to use
that mach RAM

Would anyone be able to explain why Typo3 puts so much stress on the server
and what the best requirements are to handle this problem.

Thanks

Karl

------

memory_limit=8M

Your system is configured to enforce a memory limit of PHP scripts lower

than 16 MB. The Extension Manager needs to include more PHP-classes than

will fit into this memory space. There is nothing else to do than raise the

limit. To be safe, ask the system administrator of the webserver to raise

the limit to over 25 MB.

-------