[TYPO3] "special = directory" Menu with Templavoila

Nate Russell nate at chillmost.com
Mon May 22 01:41:05 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have a site running 3.8.0, without Templavoila, that has a Horiz menu
at the  top of the page with things like "Contact | Disclaimer |
Sitemap". I set this up in the Template with:

temp.servicemenu = HMENU
temp.servicemenu {
	special = directory
	special.value = 8
	1 = TMENU
	1 {
		expALL = 1
		wrap = <ul>|</ul>
		NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
		NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
	}
}

I have a new site I am building using 4.0 and TV. I am trying to build a
similar menu so I mapped it and put this in the template but nothing
appears.

lib.serviceMenu = HMENU
lib.serviceMenu {
	special = directory
	special.value = 17
	1 = TMENU
	1 {
		expALL = 1
		wrap = <ul>|</ul>
		NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
		NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
	}
}

I'm fairly certain I mapped it correctly. The Object path is
lib.serviceMenu and the ID# of the surrounding directory is 17. In the
page source the mapped tag appears, but empty. I've cleared cache but
still nothing. I have a feeling that there is some inherent concept of
TV that I am not grasping concerning TS in the template. Almost all of
my previous TS for 3.8.0 doesn't work for 4.0/TV if I convert it to the
new template.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Nate