[TYPO3] DAM Installation error: SQL engine parse ERROR: Field type unknown in parseFieldDef()!: near "float unsigned NOT NULL default '0' "

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sat May 20 22:46:58 CEST 2006

Hi.

Johannes Konert wrote:
> 1. When trying to install, got a warning "current version 4.0 is less
> than required version 4.0.0"....hmm, I ignored that.

Yes. Right decision.

> 2. Click on Install, brought me
>      "SQL engine parse ERROR: Field type unknown in parseFieldDef()!:
> near "float unsigned NOT NULL default '0'" .

You are using
[ ] DBAL
[ ] multiplyDBFieldSize

If it's DBAL, you need to wait for the fix for
 http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2991

If it is the fieldsize you can wait for the fix on #2991, or not use the
field size multiplier but switch your database to UTF-8, so it takes care
of the byte-vs-char stuff itself.

HTH,
Karsten