[TYPO3] Upgrading RTEhtmlarea

Rafael Freuler rafi at rafi.ws
Sat May 20 18:33:09 CEST 2006

>>> I want to upgrade to 1.4.1, but I can't find it in the extension
>>> manager. So, I downloaded the new version, to upload it using the
>>> extension manager. However, the file isn't uploaded, propably due to
>>> maximum upload limit in php.ini (that's what the extension manager
>>> wizard says)

You could install the new rte in a local typo3 installation and then
upload the folder of the new rtehtmlarea via ftp and replace the old
version. You'll find folder of the rtehtmlarea here:
typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea

You then might want to deinstall and then reinstall the extension on the
server with the EM to make sure everything gets updated correctly.

Cheers,
Rafi