[TYPO3] interfacing with legacy applications

Martin Kindler kindlerm at arcor.de
Thu May 18 13:44:09 CEST 2006

You will have to write an extension to do this.
The main problem probably will be that the documentation for writing
extensions is not really adequate. Perhaps I am wrong but when I searched
for it I did'nt find something which is deeper than the Kickstarter videos
and less detailed than the API docs.
So you will be forced to read part of the T3 source code.

You can access other data bases thru the DB interface (look in t3lib). Set
up the internal arrays accordingly (in ext_tables.php). Some info about this
can be found in the core API docs.
I only read tables from an external db but (after a steep learning curve) it
was quite simple.
Anyway start with the kickstarter, but do not expect it to do too much. It
gives you a structure and some basic elements.

Martin