[TYPO3] Language problem in bahag_photogallery

Jens Gammelgaard jens.gammelgaard at optimon.dk
Thu May 18 09:42:15 CEST 2006

Suman Debnath skrev:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thanks for your feedback. Responses follow :) .
>
> 1) We were unaware of this issue. Could you explain a bit more ?
>
> 2) Thanks for the suggestion. This would certainly be implemented in the
> next iteration.
>
> 3) Actually it does, but is somewhat dependent on versions 5+. So we
> implemented the template constant for some users who don't have access
> to a newer version. This way they can use a different installation of
> IM. We are hoping to remove this 'hack' soon.
>
> 4) The BE controlled caching/indexing will be made optional so that the
> user has the choice of doing it in the FE (like you mentioned) as well.
> This solution is already in place, however would be released together
> with the other features as the next update.
>
> Actually when you re-index the gallery, it only recreates the
> changed/new images. However, if you have a large number of images, it
> does take quite a bit of time.
>
> Regards,
> Suman Debnath
>
> Kevin Renskers wrote:
>>> Except the language problem this is the best gallery I have tested!
>>
>> Hm I tried it too yesterday, because from the demo I've seen it looked
>> very promising. But sadly there are some problem with it that stops me
>> from using this extension.
>>
>> 1) The url's created don't work: the photoalbum uses links like
>> www.example.com/?gallery=4
>>
>> 2) The directories are not sorted by name. I wanted to use this plugin
>> for photoalbum that has multiple directory-levels, starting with year,
>> then album name. But the years are all randomly sorted.
>>
>> 3) It doesn't use the imagemagick config from Typo3 itself.
>>
>> 4) Creating the thumbnails takes a VERY long time with this plugin, if
>> you have many albums. Like I said, I wanted to use it for a
>> multi-leveled directory structure. When I add a directory with photo's
>> to my album structure, I have to re-index the whole thing! With
>> goof_fotoboek it is all done automatically when visiting an album. And
>> why does it use 3 seperate sub-directories? Use typo3temp!
>>
>> So the idea behind it is pretty cool, it looks pretty good and it
>> offers very cool functions, but there still is a lot of work to be
>> done. Mainly in the creation of the thumbnails...
>>
>> Kevin

Hi,

I have a more simple question to the matter of language of this
excellent gallery:

I have created galleries in 2 different trees for 2 different languages.
So I have also created 2 different sysfolders for each respective
language. But for the second language the gallery only display the
thumnails and not the detail picture - which it does correctly in the
first language.

Why is that and what is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards