[TYPO3] IE conditional comments

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu May 18 04:18:22 CEST 2006

Hiya,

On 5/17/06, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:

> >Hey guys,
> >
> >With the IE 7 on the horizon, how does one go about doing IE conditional
> >comments to link in say a conditional style sheet?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Miles
> >

> it might be a better idea if we have a browser identification like this
>
> [browser = msie7]
> ....conditional include...
> [end]
>
> I never played with IE7... I just 'assume' it's going to be liek IE6
> when it comes to rendering (I don't think MS will break so many sites...).
>
> It's better then a conditional include using the comments thing...
>
> What do others think about a msie7 option in TS?

It depends--

If it can be based on something more reliable than a useragent string
that can be faked, then it may be useful for some things. But I sure
would not want to serve up a meant-for-IE-7 stylesheet to a visitor
who's (for example) had to configure Opera to identify itself as IE 7
in order to use his bank's website...

What do the existing conditions use, by the way?

-Christopher