[TYPO3] foldout menu problem-newbie!!

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed May 17 17:08:56 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 5/17/06, dave ashton <dave at bassmedia.net> wrote:
> Chirs, before i go any further, i don't like your angry tone in the emails.
> I'm trying my best to work this out and just want a little help.

Angry? Try 'frustrated'. It's taken 13 posts to get you to provide
only the most basic information about the environment you're working
in. I didn't suggest several times that you ask better questions for
no reason, I asked because it was IMPOSSIBLE to assist you based on
the amount of information you'd provided.

> The only thing i have not told you is that i import the example page tree
> from html/css styling extension to setup the initial pages.

This makes a great deal of difference.

> To get to the point of being able to install a site, i have read
> documentation till the early hours.
> How much i have understood is a different matter!! That is why i'm asking
> for a little help, just to place a horizontal menu in a div!

And this is what I've been saying: the GoLive and MTB tutorials get
into this in great detail. The TS By Example document does too. I can
tell you that you replace a marker in a template with this TS:

page.10 {
  template = FILE
  template.file = fileadmin/tsbyex/template.html
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT
  marks.SIMPLE_WORD = TEXT
  marks.SIMPLE_WORD.field = title
}

...and this in your html:

###SIMPLE_WORD###

...but a) I've taken it directly from the TS By Example doc, and b)
the whole concept is explained much more thoroughly in the documents
I've been recommending since the beginning of this thread.

> If all you can do is slag off what i don't understand and not be helpful in
> a calm manner, then please stop posting.

I've just reviewed the entire thread. You asked for help, I referred
you to the appropriate resources--the same set of resources, I might
add, that TYPO3.org refers you to, but you keep repeating the same
question. That question is answered in more detail than is possible on
the list by those resources.

-Christopher