[TYPO3] RealURL and printable version - problem

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed May 17 15:08:01 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Any ideas how to fix it?
>
> Make "pre" variable. See RealURL docs for details.
>
> Dmitry.

I just looked at RealURL documentation, but I'm not sure if we're
talking about the same.
I use RealURL with "TARGET-E RealURL Settings" extension, so that URLs
are generated automatically from the website name without any additional
configuration.

I investigated some more, and it seems that the print version works just
fine if the URL is longer.

For example, this one doesn't work (doesn't generate a printer friendly
page):

http://server/support.html?type=98

But this one works - not that the URL contains additional /pages/):

http://server/pages/support.html?type=98

Also, this will produce an error (some invalid type):

http://server/pages/support.html?type=2

And this one will not produce an error (also invalid type, but seems to
be ignored):

http://server/support.html?type=2

So this leads me to think that the whole problem lies somewhere in
mod_rewrite configuration for Apache.

Right now, while the page is still under construction, my .htaccess file
looks like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^typo3$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^typo3/.*$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule .* index.php

Also, the page is not in the root of the server, but some directories
deeper (accessible via http://server/beta/sitename/).

Any ideas what may be wrong?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski