[TYPO3] foldout menu problem-newbie!!

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed May 17 00:55:11 CEST 2006

Hello again,

On 5/16/06, dave ashton <dave at bassmedia.net> wrote:
> Added the typo script from below and nothing is showing.
> Sorry you feel i'm not being forth coming with aspects of the problem, but
> i'm puttin down as much as possible without it turning into an essay!!

I didn't ask for more information to put you out, I asked for more
information so that there was some possibility of HELPING you. If
you're not willing to provide relevant information, what do you expect
people to do for you? Based on the information you have offered so
far, there is NOTHING anyone can do to help you unless they offer to
simply set it up for you.

> The normal process of setting up a template would be  have css styled
> content, template auto parser and html/css styling extensions
>  installed then add html template and stylesheet to the template folder.

Wrong. There is a great deal of TS to write, much of it quite specific
to the HTML template in question. Again: have you worked through
Modern Template Building? I find it difficult to believe, given the
things you're saying...

> For some reason, no matter what typoscript i try and put in the setup field
> to include a menu in a particular div, doesn't seem to work.
>
> A small menu, i can input as below, but placing it in a particular div,
> where i want on the page is the problem.
>
> page.5 = HMENU
> page.5.1 = TMENU
> page.5.1.wrap = | <BR><BR>
> page.5.1.NO {
>   linkWrap = &nbsp;<font color=yellow> | </font>&nbsp;
>   ATagBeforeWrap = 1
> }

This is entirely irrelevant to your problem.

I repeat my previous question: have you ever successfully replaced a
marker or subpart with any content? (For that matter, do you know the
difference between markers and subparts?)

-Christopher