[TYPO3] Questions before upgrading.

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitriid at gmail.com
Tue May 9 14:37:04 CEST 2006

Ok. Say you've convinced me that Typo3 4.0 is something I cannot live
without :) I now need to upgrade from 3.8.1 to 4.0. The problem is:

- 840 pages
- many extensions loaded (tt_news, sr_feuser_register,
dkd_redirect_at_login, loginbox_macmade, jm_gallery, mc_googlesitemap
to name just a few)
- current template's typoscript is 1000 lines long
- the site's files currently approach 1GB (mostly thanks to Typo3's
insistence on duplicating and reduplicating uploaded images), so
backup is problematic :)
- same is partly true for the database (the size of the database is
currently 34.7 MB with 125,231 records in various tables)

What should I _really_ be looking out for during the upgrade? Besides
making a full backup of the current configuration, of course :)