[TYPO3] New community extension

Andreas Wengrzik wengrzik at ewr.de
Tue May 9 12:12:03 CEST 2006

Kevin Renskers wrote:
> Christoph Koehler wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:30:24 -0400, Kevin Renskers <info at dualdot.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> For the last two weeks I have been working on a new Community
>>> extension (hoicommunity). It's kinda like loginbox_macmade,
>>> sr_feuser_register and cwt_community (and its dependencies) all in
>>> one, but now you only need one extension to offer a complete
>>> community solution.
>>

>> Kevin,
>>
>> I have been working on cwt_community for the last few months and added
>> some more features and all. Instead of having 2 community extensions,
>> I think we should maybe only have one and consolidate our features.
>> If anyone wants to have a look, check out
>> http://svn.webempoweredchurch.org:3000/cwt_community
>> A lot of the profile code is very ugly, but it works for now. It is
>> probably very insecure right now, too, but not in use yet.
>> To use it in a existing cwt_community extension, you just need to
>> update the db and add some stuff with a script. I wasn't planning on
>> making this public so soon, so I don't have an update script or
>> anything yet, but feel free to check it out.
>> The default template also looks similar to the chc_forum default
>> template.
>>
>> Christoph
>

> I don't think cwt_community is a good basis to work with, but maybe
> that's just me. At first I was working on extending cwt_community too,
> fixing bugs, adding features... but there was so much I wanted to change
> that for me it was easier to start from scratch. Much nicer code now too :)
>
> If you want to talk about features and stuff, you can always email me at
> info at dualdot.nl. For now I just want to complete hoicommunity because I
> use this on a production site already. After that I am open for a lot of
> things!
>
> Kevin

Hi !

So here are my 2 cent for the community extensions ;)
I´m still using one of the first releases oft cwt... There are many many
bugs security holes and so on...
But there was only one community extension. I´ve extended the cwt spent
a lot of time to create five extensions out of one because my
cwt_communmity_pi1.php was at last 150kb huge...

Umm maybe i will switch to hoi community - i will try it in a test
installation.

Some months ago i asked about an own new area for t.p.community. And i
think we will get one from michael!
I think its time for a clean fast and new community plugin and maybe hoi
can be it :)

Some things i´ve extended in cwt...

- Incoming and Outgoing Message Folder (you can see in the outgouing
folder if the user has read  your message)
- Browselinks for Userlist
- Different Colors in Userlist for Admins and Mods
- Users have an Imagegallery in their profile
- Pictures, Age and Registerdate in Userlist
- Online Userlist
- Last Registered List
- Single Buddylist (only Username with online status)
... and some more little things (dont remember all yet :) sorry)

So thats for the moment!
I hope we will soon get our newslist an can talk there about the
community extensions!

have a nice Day!!

-andreas w.