[TYPO3] place files in pagetree

Robert John de Stigter robertjohn at bedrijvenweb.nl
Tue May 9 10:44:09 CEST 2006

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the hint. The property 'read form path' doesn't give the
functionality I am looking for though.

What I did look at is the extension alternet_securelink. This extension
acutally technically does what I am looking for although the goal of
this extension is different. But is does provide a different url for
files.

I think it would be a good idea if the following would be intergrated in
TYPO3.

1. Define a page type just like 'Advanced', 'sysFolder'. In this case it
could be 'File'.
2. Make it possible to link a file to that page

Now if a page of this type is requested, TYPO3 will read out the linked
file and trow that to the browser. This makes it possible to have nice
url's for your files.

Should I drop this idea somewhere? Or does this functionality already
exist?

Cheers,
Robert