[TYPO3] Realurl doesn't work

Matyi Gábor gmatyi at freemail.hu
Mon May 8 21:21:10 CEST 2006

2006. május 2. 00.16 dátummal Jérémy Lecour ezt írta:
> Again : How could we help ?
>
> You tell us it works with one Host and not with another. Why don't you
> begin by comparing the 2 VHosts configurations by yourself ? If you
> don't see any important difference, you can post them here.

Hi!

Please not to categorize the people beeing newbies, expert etc. I try to
analyze a problem, and I'm expecting ideas.
Before I post my question, I deal many times with this problem, I compare the
config files.

> I know it's not correct to spit on newbies, but you give me the
> feeling that you'd like us to give you an immediate magic answer to
> your problems.
>
> Thousands of people are using RealURL, so I think the problem is on
> your side and not on the extension's. And you don't behave the right
> way to learn.

I think to, that my problem is on my side. But I don't know what is the
problem. Therefore I post my question.
The RealURL and typo3 works well, but many people use different circumstandes
what can cause troubes. For example, I use typo3 4.0 and mysql 4.1 tables
with collation utf8_general_ci. The tabelle tx_realurl_uniqalias couldn't be
created, because the length of the key were to long. I had to modify by hand
the collation this table that creating this table.

I don't know wheter I have utf8 trouble or not.

The .htaccess must be processed. As my writing I have one server where run one
apache with many virtual hosts so.

<VirtualHost *>
   ServerName t1.xxx.org
  DocumentRoot /var/www/t1.xxx.org
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
   ServerName t2.xxx.org
  DocumentRoot /var/www/t2.xxx.org
</VirtualHost>

under t1.xxx.org are one sites based on typo3 3.8 where the realurl works
well. but under t2.xxx.org based on typo3 4.0 don't works the realurl. I
compared the .htaccess, and every setings, and every is OK, but the realurl
don't works on t2.xxx.org. The difference just the version of the typo3.

My ask, how do I analize this problem furhter? How I debug the realurl
extension?

Thanks. Gabor Matyi