[TYPO3] Beta Release of Calendar Base Extension

Mario Matzulla mario.melanie at arcor.de
Mon May 8 14:42:02 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry,

----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Dmitry Dulepov <typo3 at accio.lv>
An:      typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Datum:   08.05.2006 14:21
Betreff: Re: [TYPO3] Beta Release of Calendar Base Extension

> Hi!
>
> Mario Matzulla wrote:
> > In case people don't read the news on news.typo3.org:
>
> I wonder why it is so important?

If you are asked: "I want to show latest news on my homepage, is that possible with TYPO3?" what would you say? I guess without any further asking what exactly this guy wants to display you think: "No, problem. TYPO3 has a great extension called tt_news which can handle that".

But what do you say about the TYPO3 calendar?
Wouldn't it be nice to have something flexible like tt_news in the calendar corner?
Currently you have to look at >10 different extensions and decide which one fits your needs. But what if there would be a calendar that accomplishes all the tasks the different calendars do, PLUS some goodies :) ???

I know that we are still far from accomplishing this task, but this first beta release is a major step reaching it.

Regards,
Mario