[TYPO3] TMailform

Tonni Aagesen goes.to at dev.null
Mon May 8 10:48:25 CEST 2006

rocky wrote:

> Thank you very much for your quick reply! I do really appreciate it! it
> saves me a day:)
>
> Under SMTP Settings there are 3 options php mail(), sendmail and SMTP.
> Could you give me some brief intro about under which circumstance to use
> each of them please?

Very brief:

PHP mail():
The standard mail function in PHP - in most cases this will adequate.

Sendmail:
Talk directly to the server - if for some reason you can't do PHP mail.

SMTP:
Talk to at server at another location - if mail functionality does not
exists at your server, you can eg. use an ASMTP account etc.

--
Regards
Tonni Aagesen