[TYPO3] help needed - captions splits??

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat May 6 18:12:30 CEST 2006

>>> So - I can't help my lack of brains and lack of capabilities of ts.
>>> :( And I'm humbly asking for consultancy.
>>
>> Please post the answer of Joey for me here.
>
> Here's Joey's answer:
>
> Well - captionSplit has been removed in favor of a split function
> which is located directly in caption.
> It took me quite some time to find out, that it's not a real bug and
> no bug in my TS-Setup but a feature that simply has been moved to
> another place.
> Have a look at the TS-Setup of CSS-styled-content to find out how it
> can be reactivated again.

And this is exactly how it should be working.
Install CSS-styled-content and use the Template Analyzer or the TypoScript
Object Browser to find the tt_content.image section.
There you will see that the following is simply not enough.

> Hmm. I've read it thousands of times and these are the results:
>
> in the ts setup:
> tt_content.image.20.imageTextSplit = 1
>  >> all the captions below every picture, so I have 10 pictures and
> each one of them has the same 10 captions
>
> in the ts setup:
> tt_content.image.20.caption.split=1
>  >> all the captions in one block below the whole picture block, so I
> have ten pictures with no captions and all the captions in the bottom
> of the page
>
> and in the constants:
> styles.content.imgtext.captionSplit = 1
>  >> hides all the captions

If you take a closer look you will see that caption contains more than one
line.

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de