[TYPO3] Anything like: global site's last update time?

Cyprian Kowalczyk cyprian at pi2.pl
Fri May 5 12:52:49 CEST 2006

On Fri, 05 May 2006 12:25:18 +0200, Peter Förger <p.foerger at vke-design.de>
wrote:

> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/lastupdate/3.1.7/
> On line manual is somehow gone on it's way to TER2.
> But it's included in the EXT package as well.
>  In flexform select 'Whole site', guess that's what you're looking for.
> One hint: Because the EXT queries sys_log it could cause slow response
> time on heavy loaded servers.

Thanks for the hint!

I've looking into your extension's code and have a few questions.
AFAIK you query all tables whose names start with 't*' + 'sys_log' table.
Don't you thinks that the returned last update time may be inaccurate?
For instance what about many sites in databese or events irrevelant for FE
display (like deleting user).
Some extensions may have multiple tables too. Imean - I don't know if
querying all these tables is necessary.

I'd like to query only these tables that contains records displayed in FE.
I'll look deeper in your extension.

--

regards, Cyprian
http://pi2.pl ~ π^2 design project