[TYPO3] TIMTAW "began to edit this record 0 min ago"

Charlie Dale charlie at aphid.net
Fri May 5 06:05:56 CEST 2006

Hello list, first time posting, using TYPO3 for about a year & loving
it (usually!),

Got a problem/annoyance with TIMTAW. It works well, but this message
appears every time I click the edit icon in one of the edit panels
(_after_ clicking the big TIMTAW edit button):

  The user 'X' began to edit this record 0 min ago.

Where X is the user I'm logged in as. And it's the first time I clicked edit.

So the record seems to be being edited twice for the one click. If I
save and close and look in the backend there is still a "User began
editing ..." icon next to the page name, which lasts for a few hours
(until it times out I guess). This gets quite ugly after a lot of edits.

The (wiki-enabled) backend group is specified in the "Backend group
(for granting edit rights)" field of the frontend user. I've tried with
different frontend users and get the same result. I've made sure it's
not an interaction with the backend logged in user: I've tested it
logged out of the backend and the same thing occurs.

I have the be_acl extension installed, though I only use the
traditional user/group permissions - is this a problem? I can edit the
things I want to be able to.

I'm running TYPO3 4.0 on FreeBSD 5.4, with Apache 2.0.55, PHP 5.1.2,
and MySQL 4.1.18.

I'm using loginbox_macmade for the login box. Can't think of any other
extensions that may be causing this.

I've read the manual multiple times, read most all "timtaw" references
that Google could find, and am at my wits end! Any help (even just
ideas) would be great.

Cheers,
Charlie