[TYPO3] Autolinks plugin

Dave Chewter typo3 at interonline.co.uk
Wed May 3 18:06:45 CEST 2006

"Ries van Twisk" <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote in message
news:mailman.10953.1146665542.29768.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Dave Chewter wrote:
>
>>Hi All
>>
>>Just wanted to get an idea as to whether anyone else is interested in an
>>autolinks extension for typo3? A lot of CMS's and blog software, such as
>>Postnuke, Mambo/Joomla, Wordpress etc have an autolinks module which
>>enables a back end user to add a list of words or phrases along with
>>target URLs. When a word or phrase in the generated page matches one in
>>the list the word is automatically linked to the target url.
>>
>>It saves the editor having to add an html link to every instance of a word
>>or phrase whilst adding the article. From a commercial perspective it you
>>could also sell certain words to an advertiser and automatically convert
>>every instance on the site once the page has been generated to a link to
>>the advertiser.
>>
>>It's something I'd be very interested in seeing made. Perhaps a good
>>starting point would be the phpGiggle script, which already interfaces
>>with Wordpress, Movable Type and Smarty tamplates.
>>
>>In an ideal world I'd like to see the words being able to be linked to
>>internal pages, external urls, popups and maybe even some kind of rich
>>media overlays.
>>
>>Anyway unfortunately I'm unable to do the coding myself, but if it was not
>>too expensive I'd be willing to sponsor, or contribute to the development
>>with others.
>>
>>Thanks for reading.
>>Dave
>>
> Dave,
>
> I can't remember the extensions name but there is already something in TER
> but doesn't have all mentioned features.
> I for sure can develop such a thing according to your requirements, but
> needs ofcourse sponsoring for it...
>
> regards,
> Ries
>
> --
> Ries van Twisk
> Freelance Typo3 Developer
> === Private:
> email: ries at vantwisk.nl
> web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/freelance-typo3.html
> skype: callto://r.vantwisk
> === Work:
> email: ries at livetravelguides.com
> web:   http://www.livetravelguides.com

Hi Ries

Thanks for the reply, I will go back through the extensions and try and find
the one you mentioned. I'd also be interested in hearing what kind of cost
it would be to sponsor? I understand it would be a very rough ballpark
figure, but would be good to have a rough idea to see if it's something I
could sponsor without having to get any others to chip in. Feel free to
email me at dave at interonline.co.uk if that's better than replying to the
list.

Thanks
Dave