[TYPO3] New TYPO3 installation with MSSQL support...problems

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Wed May 3 17:17:30 CEST 2006

[..]

> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/dbal/0.5.0/view/1/4/

> except I changed 'driver' to 'mssql' instead of 'mysql'.

> So now I run the install but it can't locate the MSSQL DB.  I am sure my
> ignorance is causing the problem.  I was able to install and run TYPO3 in
> about 20 minutes on my linux server but since this is for my employer who
> runs windows it is causing me much more of a headache.

> So this is basically where I am now.  It sounds like you are approaching
> this from a different angle.  Is your install working?  What did you do?

In my tests I've experienced some problems with the connection to
MSSQL too. Try to make the connection in one external php file manually using
mssql_conntect(...) (see http://www.php.net for details) to see if it's
a DBAL problem or your connection problem. For example: did you enable
mssql functions in your php.ini?

Regards,
 Mauro Lorenzutti

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com

WEBFORMAT srl | Corte Europa, 12 | I-33097 SPILIMBERGO PN
     Tel +39-0427-926.389  --  Fax +39-0427-927.653
       info at webformat.com  --  www.webformat.com