[TYPO3] New TYPO3 installation with MSSQL support...problems

Marty Martin croakingtoad at gmail.com
Wed May 3 17:03:27 CEST 2006

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for touching base with me.

I have copied over the TYPO3 package and the dummy website package and now
am ready to install, but I am not running in a linux environment, but a
windows IIS environment.  So, I am trying to setup TYPO3 to work with MSSQL.

Okay, so what I have done is copy over the 'adodb' and 'dbal' extensions and
put them in /typo3conf/ext/ and edited the localconf.php file to include the
snippet from this page--

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/dbal/0.5.0/view/1/4/

except I changed 'driver' to 'mssql' instead of 'mysql'.

So now I run the install but it can't locate the MSSQL DB.  I am sure my
ignorance is causing the problem.  I was able to install and run TYPO3 in
about 20 minutes on my linux server but since this is for my employer who
runs windows it is causing me much more of a headache.

So this is basically where I am now.  It sounds like you are approaching
this from a different angle.  Is your install working?  What did you do?

Advice?  Thanks!

Marty Martin