[TYPO3] Autolinks plugin

Dave Chewter typo3 at interonline.co.uk
Wed May 3 14:07:59 CEST 2006

Hi All

Just wanted to get an idea as to whether anyone else is interested in an
autolinks extension for typo3? A lot of CMS's and blog software, such as
Postnuke, Mambo/Joomla, Wordpress etc have an autolinks module which enables
a back end user to add a list of words or phrases along with target URLs.
When a word or phrase in the generated page matches one in the list the word
is automatically linked to the target url.

It saves the editor having to add an html link to every instance of a word
or phrase whilst adding the article. From a commercial perspective it you
could also sell certain words to an advertiser and automatically convert
every instance on the site once the page has been generated to a link to the
advertiser.

It's something I'd be very interested in seeing made. Perhaps a good
starting point would be the phpGiggle script, which already interfaces with
Wordpress, Movable Type and Smarty tamplates.

In an ideal world I'd like to see the words being able to be linked to
internal pages, external urls, popups and maybe even some kind of rich media
overlays.

Anyway unfortunately I'm unable to do the coding myself, but if it was not
too expensive I'd be willing to sponsor, or contribute to the development
with others.

Thanks for reading.
Dave