[TYPO3] 4.0 and image caption split

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed May 3 00:41:51 CEST 2006

JoH wrote:

> Well - captionSplit has been removed in favor of a split function which is
> located directly in caption.
> It took me quite some time to find out, that it's not a real bug and no bug
> in my TS-Setup but a feature that simply has been moved to another place.
> Have a look at the TS-Setup of CSS-styled-content to find out how it can be
> reactivated again.
>
> Joey

I'm afraid I have to return to this - I haven't found a solution after
all and I didn't quite get what Joey meant by the first sentence.

I tried this in ts setup, didn't work:

# *****************
# CType: image
# *****************
# (also used for rendering 'textpic' type):
tt_content.image = COA
tt_content.image.10 = < lib.stdheader
tt_content.image.20 = IMGTEXT
tt_content.image.20 {
	caption {
		1 = TEXT
		1 {
			field = imagecaption
#			required = 1
#			parseFunc =< lib.parseFunc
			br = 1
			fontTag = <span class="teaser">|</p>
			wrapAlign.field = imagecaption_position
			split.token.char = 10
			split.token.if.isPositive = {$styles.content.imgtext.imageTextSplit}
+ {$styles.content.imgtext.captionSplit}
			split.returnKey.data = register : IMAGE_NUM
		}
	}
	# captionSplit is deprecated, use imageTextSplit instead
	captionSplit = 1
	# caption/alttext/title/longdescURL splitting
	#imageTextSplit = {$styles.content.imgtext.imageTextSplit}
	imageTextSplit = 1
}

I don't use css_styled_content because of some experiences of
incompatibility with extensions I'm using. I did try it and image
caption splits started to work right away, but I lost graphical headers
and the whole layout changed so much that I still try to find another
solution.

The Inline Help seem to be a bit out of date in TYPO3 4 because it says:

"By default the caption is positioned below the whole image block.
However your website template may be configured to allow individual
image captions by setting "styles.content.imgtext.captionSplit=1" in
your template constants.
In that case each line in this field will be the image caption of the
corresponding image in the list."

Is css_styled_content strongly recommended by the developers - or am I
still missing something important..?

Sincerely
Katja