[TYPO3] Problem with 4.0r3/modern guestbook <= Stan, please have a look

Jörg Schaller jorgo at jorgo.org
Tue May 2 05:44:39 CEST 2006

On Tue, 02 May 2006 02:09:57 +0200, Jörg Schaller <jorgo at jorgo.org>
wrote:

>The modern guestbook (veguestbook + sr_veguestbook) does not work as
>expected in my typo3 4.0r3 installation.
>
>The page is localized into Japanese, and the date should appear
>correctly with this TSSetup:
>plugin.tx_veguestbook_pi1.datetime_stdWrap.strftime = %Y.%m.%d,%A
>%H:%M
>
>However, no date is shown in the guestbook entries. Either
>###GUESTBOOK_DATE### or crdate seem not to be parsed correctly. There
>are entries for crdate in the database.

Um, ok... so 4.0 final was released and here I was waiting for mail
notification - oops. Anyway, after updating the installation and
language packs, I pinpointed the problem to the sr_veguestbook
extension. Without this add-on extension, the date is shown (even if
the japanese characters for weekdays are garbled).

I'd love to have a textarea in the message window, so maybe I could
just push this thread in Stan Rolland's court? :-)

Cheers,
Jörg