[TYPO3] HTTP_POST_FILES Is empty after upload file

Joerg Wagner - DigiLog multimedia usenet at digilog.de
Mon May 1 10:19:08 CEST 2006

Try increasing  post_max_size  in php.ini (or use ini_set() to increase it).

See the comment of Jason (09 Jan 2006) in
http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php:
--snip--
 Regarding empty $_FILES and $_POST arrays when uploading files larger than
post_max_size:

Tucked away in http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.post-max-size
is this nugget:

"If the size of post data is greater than post_max_size, the $_POST and
$_FILES superglobals are empty. This can be tracked in various ways, e.g. by
passing the $_GET variable to the script processing the data, i.e. <form
action="edit.php?processed=1">, and then checking if $_GET['processed'] is
set."

This may seem like a bug. You'd expect something like UPLOAD_ERR_FORM_SIZE
to be set. But you just two empty superglobals.

I've seen it submitted to bugs.php.net twice and it's been marked as bogus
both times.
--snap--

--
Jörg Wagner