[TYPO3] Re: [Typo3] fe_rtenews page does not load in XP with IE

John Kallies jkallies at majorninth.com
Fri Mar 31 03:58:33 CEST 2006

I'm having the same issues with the apparent combination of IE 6 / Win
XP SP2 / rtehtmlarea / 2 different FE news editors (!?). It's the same
error message as the previous post - "Internet Explorer cannot open the
Internet site http://blah.blah.blah. Operation aborted"

Going way out on a limb, these are the relevant components in my
environment...
- Typo3 3.8.0
- tt_news 2.2.24
- rtehtmlarea 1.1.0
- news_feedit 0.1.1
- mth_feedit 0.1.4 (required for news_feedit)
- fe_rtenews 1.3.1
- hsapp_longerfeusername 1.0.0
- loginusertrack 1.1.0
- automaketemplate 0.1.0

I spoke with Eric off-list, and he never found a resolution to his
version of this issue. I otherwise have to force my clients to use
Firefox. In principle, it's a great idea :) But in reality, it's not the
quality and service I want to provide.

Does anyone have any insights into why this happens and what could
resolve it?

Many thanks...
John Kallies