[TYPO3] Problem with Static HTML( with HTTrack)

Michael Nardell miken at inetworld.net
Fri Mar 31 00:21:00 CEST 2006

Greetings :: I am having one of those problems that is conceptually
simple, but hard to solve. And it really is not a problem with Typo3,
but rather the way I am using HTTrack to produce statatic HTML of the
site. Oh yea, and am using realURL to make attractive, readable urls for
output.

Ok here is the problem: There are certain external URLs I link to that
are accessed from many pages in my cms. Since the urls of these external
pages will be changing as the project moves from development to testing
to production I have set up pages in the cms of type External URL. And
then make a local link to these External URLs. So for instance if I have
a page called press-release.html that has a link to
http://www.legacy.com/form.asp I implement use an External URL page as a
  proxy:[brackets indicate inside typo3 cms]

[press_release.html --> external_url_proxy.html
]-->http://www.legacy.com/form.asp

Ok, this all works well in Typo3... However most of my links break when
I then go ahead and use HTTrack to extract static html from the cms
site. Using the example above, press_release.html tries to find
external_url_proxy.html. Which does not get created.. The weird thing is
that some of the external URLs I link to using this scheme seem to work.
The HTTrack will actaully resolve the indirection and there will be no
reference to the proxy page in the link tag in press_release.html.

I have tried to solve this riddle... trying to figure out what it is
about the pages that work and I just have not managed to resolve things.
Any help would be greaty appreciated.

Mike