[TYPO3] Apache crashes

Joerg Wagner jwagner at digilog.de
Thu Mar 30 23:05:08 CEST 2006

 Ok, got it - at least for my installation:

There is a bug in PHP up to 4.4.2 that crashes Apache with file related PHP
function calls used on HTTP urls like...
  file_get_contents($url)
  file($url)
  fopen($url, 'rb')

See http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=36017 [^] for details.

I installed PHP 4.4.3dev and the problem vanished instantly.
Snapshots of PHP dev versions are packaged every three hours:
http://snaps.php.net/ [^]

Hope this is the general solution for this problem and not only for my
system (allthough I hardly recommend installing dev versions on a production
system, as I did now!)...

Cheers,
Jörg.
news:mailman.1.1142936445.22137.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...